"When I get sad, I just stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story." - How I Met Your Mother

Pages

Wednesday, September 9, 2009

The Living Volcano

So moving can be quite stressful.  But trying to coordinate two moves (one from Alaska & one from Washington) to a new home (which we don't have an address for yet) in a foreign country is BEYOND stressful!  All of my life plans have been totally distrupted.  Vacations I have planned have to be changed if not eliminated, my wedding plans have to be completely altered.  Yes, I am very excited about the big move and even more thrilled that I will finally get to live in the same place as my fiance', but getting there is quite the battle.

Lately, I have felt like I am going to explode.  Heck, I have had quite a few mini-eruptions (read: warning the volcano is about to blow!) already.  I don't want to have a Mount St. Helens style eruption from all the stress anytime soon.  So I have resolved to just deal with one move related task a day and try to roll with the punches.  Also, I think I might take up heavy drinking.  There is only about a month left until we leave for Qatar, so I think I am going to try to make an itemized list of all the things that we have to do (at least that I can think of) and I am just going to try to knock one off at a time.  Hopefully this will help reduce my stress level and keep me organized.  Right?

PS - Just came back to Washington from a trip home to NJ.  Will post about that visit soon! Have any of you been to the new Yankee Stadium?  Awesome!  But more on that later...

No comments:

Post a Comment