"When I get sad, I just stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story." - How I Met Your Mother

Pages

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

sos - send cupcakes


While in Dubai this past weekend, we stoped into Magnolia's Bakery (yes, THE Magnolia Bakery as in the NYC chain) in the Bloomingdales at the Dubai Mall.  Holy Cupcake, I was in HEAVEN.  Seriously. Maybe it is because my life has been devoid of quality baked goods containing *real* vanilla since relocating to Qatar or maybe it is because I am a chocolate fiend, but let me tell you this cupcake I had was good.  REAL.GOOD.  It was a melt-in-your-mouth convergence of moist cakey goodness and creamy dark chocolate decadence.  A true cupcake-gasm if you will.

That single cupcake has left me dreaming of cupcakes all week long.  I've become obsessed and drooling at my computer desk at pictures of all the cupcakes I can't have.  I have started to secretly make plans in my head to turn my kitchen into a cupcake factory so that I can have these delicious treats all the time.

Now all I have to do is figure out how to smuggle some vanilla extract over here...

No comments:

Post a Comment