"When I get sad, I just stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story." - How I Met Your Mother

Pages

Monday, August 9, 2010

No Shame


I have been feeling a bit bogged down recently, so I think it might be therapeutic to get just a few things off of my chest...
  • I hereby consider Diet Pepsi and potato chips an acceptable morning snack
  • It normally takes me a few iterations to figure out what I want to wear and even though it bothers future hubs that I do this, I am probably not going to change that habit anytime soon.
  • No matter how hard I try, my hair will never grow as long or be as fabulous as Hollywood Hair Barbie's and I hate her for it.
  • (yeah, keep smiling b*tch...)
  • I cannot wait to be rid of this demon, hell-kitty we have been babysitting for the past 2 weeks
Careful! Don't look evil straight in the eyes.
  • But secretly sometimes I find the kitty to be more cute and funny than annoying. (Shhh! Don't tell the future hubs)
  • Having a daily makeup regimen is overrated. Just rocking tinted minty lip gloss is underrated.
  • My cupcake frosting skills are sub par at best and I am insanely jealous of all bakers that can get their frosting to look like a sweet fluffy cloud of heaven resting ontop of a moist cakey hill.
  • Blog stalking is the highlight of my pre-work morning
  • When I check myself out in the mirror, I totally "suck it in and stick'em out"
  • I am super nervous about my upcoming wedding...not about the whole life-long commitment thing, but all the other crap about the day.  Like everything going smoothly, family getting along, and everyone having a good time.
  • I spent time googling to find Eric from True Blood in his blue sweater, but was completely disappointed by the results.
It looked way hotter in my head.

  • We've had an Arabic pop song stuck in our heads for months.  Future Hubs asked one of our Qatari friends if he recognized the song and literally sang to him: "something, something, HABIIIIIBI".  Our friend looks at him in disbelief and goes, "Seriously?? You realize that pretty much EVERY Arabic pop song has the word 'habibi' in it.  It's equivalent to me asking you about an American song with the word 'Baby' or 'Shortie' in it."  I almost peed my pants laughing.  With the help of google, we found it: Ella Habibi and have been playing it on repeat ever since.

  • Bullet points rock my socks off.  If I could only talk in bullet points in real life I would.  Top ten lists; however, are totally lame.
  • The end.

No comments:

Post a Comment