"When I get sad, I just stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story." - How I Met Your Mother

Pages

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

the battle is on

I like to think that I am "normal" (we all know that is far from the truth, but humor me here please) and that I am just like every other bride-to-be in the fact that I would like to look my absolute best on the day I walk down the aisle.  For some brides their "absolute best" means full out makeover and crazy weight-loss while for others it simply means keeping in shape/toning up and maintaining a good beauty regime. 

I would say I fall somewhere towards the latter (although my hair is beyond dire need for a trip to the salon...its been over 6 months since I've been..I blame the middle east, but that's another story!).  The latter being that I'd like to stay in shape and while it would be cool to lose a few LBs, it is not the end of the world if I don't. 

That being said, there is something I need to admit:

 I've been on a RIDICULOUS chocolate & cheese filled binge for the past 2 weeks. 

I.CANNOT.CONTROL.MYSELF.

And ladies, if I keep up at this rate, things are going to go south real fast.  AKA my whole body is going to explode into one huge pustule of fat.  I will go from the bride who looks like this:


To one who looks like this:


No, seriously.  Thank god my hobbies are predominately sports related - otherwise I'd been in major trouble.  So anyway, all day I have been CRAVING (to the point I can almost taste it and I'm drooling) a chocolate muffin from the canteen at my jobsite.  I don't know what they heck they put in them, but they are GOOD and I crave them (and usually succumb to my craving) all the time.  But today, I put my foot down.  Enough is enough!  I've got a wedding dress to rock in less than 5 months! 

And guess what?! I've made it through the ENTIRE day without having the chocolate muffin or any other of the chocolate/cookie/junk food treats that can be found lurking around trying to steer my off course in the office.  I went head to head with evil old temptation and won!  It was a hard battle but today I was victorious!  Hell, I think I deserve a reward for being so good....don't you???

I'm thinking a cupcake.

No comments:

Post a Comment