"When I get sad, I just stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story." - How I Met Your Mother

Pages

Monday, May 17, 2010

the view from here

Doha's city center as seen from The Pearl in West Bay

This is The Pearl:

It is a man-made island/peninsula that will eventually be home to a myriad of luxury homes, villas, apartments, 5-star hotels, retail stores & restaurants.  Some of the first phases of development have been completed and several high end stores (such as Dolce, Prada, Hermes), showrooms (Ferrari, Bugatti) and upscale restaurants (Gordon Ramsay's Maze, Le Relais de l'Entrecote, Bice Ristorante) are already open. Although there is a ton of construction still going on (and yet to go), it is already shapping up to be quite an amazing place.  The Pearl is one of my favorite places in Qatar and not because of the shopping (although I am sure the fiance' thinks it is the reason I am always asking to go there!).  It has great views of the city center, giant yatch's, and the Arabian Gulf.  Another great feature is that there are tons of walkways along the water and relatively few people.  It has a really relaxing atmosphere because it is not over-crowded like the other shopping/dinning areas in the city.  There are plenty of places to sit, relax, and enjoy an evening or afternoon coffee...and of course, plenty of ridiculously amazing/expensive clothes to drool over.

I think my living in Qatar would be much improved if I were residing here:

Don't you? (*sigh* wishful thinking)

No comments:

Post a Comment