"When I get sad, I just stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story." - How I Met Your Mother

Pages

Sunday, March 21, 2010

"You look like a sad clown hooker"

Since moving to the Middle East, I have become a bit behind in all things pop culture.  There are approximately 3 stations on the radio that play music in English here and it is not played consistantly.  The majority of television channels are in Arabic; although they do play American shows but dubbed over.  Of the channels that are in English, the selection is limited to BBC news, CNN, Fox Movies (which plays the MOST random assortment of films ever), and a couple channels from Dubai that play old seasons of a few standard American sitcoms and dramas (ex. Friends, NCIS, Scrubs).  So our TV watching here is limited...actually we don't even turn on our TV at all.  It isn't even plugged in!  Instead we do most of our viewing on-line from third party (probably illegal) sites because people outside of the US are not able to watch episodes from the station website for some reason.

Not that the fiance' and I watch a lot of TV, but we do have a few shows that we LOVE and enjoy watching sometimes during dinner or on a lazy Saturday morning.  If you haven't figured it out already, I am a HUGE fan of How I Met Your Mother.  Other favs include: The Big Bang Theory (or as the fiance' calls it, "The Geek Show"), True Blood (me, not him, he prefers Top Gear) and our love-to-hate favorite Gossip Girl.  Recently, another show came on my radar...and that my friends is the glory that is GLEE

Yes, I realize I am behind, since my friend Perez Hilton has been raving about this show since it came on air and I just started watching it last week.  But let me tell you... what a fabulous show.  It is the perfect mix of comedy and drama; a superior blend of pop songs and showtunes; and is just flippin fabulous.  The fiance' is not so sold on the show and taunts me mercilessly about it.  Calling it lame and flambouyant.  (Um, yes, it is FABULOUSLY flambouyant, that is the point!)  But slowly I am wearing him down.  I caught him watching out of the corner of his eye (he was pretending to "read the news" on his laptop next to me) just yesterday.  I know he was paying attention too since he quoted that I looked like a "sad clown hooker" (a line from Hairography episode) jokingly later on.

Anyway, if you have not seen Glee, seriously go and get watching.  I highly recommend it.

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE how i met your mother!! Here is a trick to get a boy hooked on Glee: download their version of Don't Stop Believing and play on repeat constantly. haha we recently marathoned Lost seasons 1-6, totally recommend getting the DVDs!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You definitely did not live in the house when Jen and I "qaurenteened ourselves" & watched the entire seasons 1 & 2 of Lost in a weekend. Seriously ridiculous. That show is addictive.

    ReplyDelete